Rite of Worship
Letter from Fr. Mark
Greetings and God’s Blessings!!
The Archdiocese has stated that we may start offering mass for the congregation again beginning May 31st, with specific guidelines.
- Daily masses will not be starting at this point - only one mass offered on Sunday morning.
- Note: The obligation for Sunday Mass is dispensed until after July 5, 2020.
- Also, People who are 65 years or older and may have health issues are to PLEASE STAY HOME.
- In addition, if you are not feeling well with cold or flu symptoms, please stay home.
As we adhere to the Archdiocesan policies, the State of Wisconsin Guidelines, and my discernment for ministering to St. Matthew Parish and Shepherd of the Hills Parish, we will proceed with the following stipulations.
- Beginning on May 31st we will have one mass offered and open to our parishioners (with limitations). Shepherd of the Hills Parish will celebrate mass at 9:30am ONLY. We are able to have 25% of our church capacity being used. Since the church must be fully disinfected after mass, we will start with one mass. Note, if we reach capacity (over 25%), we will have to send people home. This will be on a first come first serve basis.
- If you are willing to help disinfect the Church after our celebration of mass - please contact the Parish Office and let us know your willingness to help.
- People attending mass should wear a mask and sit in only the open pews. We will close three pews between people. A family (that is those who live together) may sit together in an open pew. There will need to be a 6 feet minimum distance between others attending mass.
- The only ministries at mass will be a musician, cantors with a minimum of 6 feet between. There will be no sacristans, no lectors, no servers, and no communion distributors until further notice. The priest will be the only one handing out communion - unless the priest is unable to do so because of age/health - then one designated person will distribute for that priest.
- Because of the spreading of germs - there will be no books in the pews. Prayers will be said from memory along with the songs.
- For the collection of offerings - we will have baskets placed in the church and the ushers will carry the basket to the sacristy after mass. There is no passing of the basket or a handled basket for the collection (we need to keep the 6 feet distance from others). Please place your monetary offering in the collection basket before mass starts.
- It is best if ushers make sure to wear a mask and gloves.
- Mass will only be offered at Shepherd of the Hills Parish until further notice (Chapel masses will not be offered). The only mass offered is 9:30am Sunday mornings at Shepherd of the Hills.
I know attending Mass is one of our most important practices for our faith but at this time we need to move forward with extreme caution. Remember, just because we can attend mass does not mean the danger of the Covid19 is over. Extreme caution must be followed and I am asking for everyone’s cooperation during this transition.
Thank You and God’s Blessings,
If you would like confession please contact Fr. Mark at 262-752-7646
Please join us for Sunday Mass on FOX6 every week!
Starting Sunday, April 19, FOX6 News Milwaukee will be broadcasting Sunday Mass LIVE EVERY SUNDAY at 11 a.m. during this time when individual parish Masses are suspended. Every Sunday will be LIVE from The Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist in Milwaukee. Please share with family and friends, and join us! A special thank you to Fox 6 News Milwaukee for their generous community partnership in offering Mass every week for all to enjoy.
Regular Mass Schedule
Sunday - 8:15 and 10:30 am
Monday - No Mass
Tuesday - No Mass
Wednesday - 8:30 am (All School Mass)
Thursday - No Mass
Friday - 8:30 am
Saturday - 4:00 pm
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
Every Wednesday 9:00 am - Noon
First Fridays 9:00 am - Noon
Saturdays from 3:00 - 3:40 pm
Rosary (School Student Led)
First Fridays 11:00 - 11:30 am
Signing for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
1st & 3rd Sundays at 8:15 am
Hearing Assistance System
Shepherd of the Hills is equipped with a hearing assistance system. Please ask for a receiver.
Persons with disabilities are invited to sit in the front pews to receive Holy Communion without leaving the pew.
Items for the Parish Office may be dropped off in the School Office on Fridays during the school year.
Senior Priest in Residence
Senior Priest in Residence
Director of Religious Education
Maintenance/Buildings & Grounds